From recruiting the best student-athletes for Columbia to getting the most out of these young adults in competition, our coaches are at the core of Columbia Athletics achieving excellence. Supporting our highly skilled coaches in these tasks is the top priority of many of our donors, accomplished through our named endowment opportunities. A coaching endowment provides stability and ample resources for that position, ensuring that our student-athletes receive the best coaching within the unique Columbia environment. It all adds up.
All our coaching positions have named endowment opportunities. Coaching endowments can be established through a gift of $1 million for assistant coaches or $2.5 million for head coaches. Endowments can be paid over five years, and payment schedules can be worked out with the Athletic Development Office. For more information, please contact Katie Day Benvenuto, Director of Athletics Development at 212-851-4025 or email@example.com.
The following coaching positions are currently endowed:
- Andrew F. Barth Head Coach of Wrestling endowment
- David and Michael Barry Assistant Coach of Wrestling endowment
- John Huemer Second Assistant Coach of Wrestling endowment
- Bidyut K. Goswami Head Coach of Men’s Tennis endowment
- Currently known as The Columbia Tennis Alumni and Friends Head Coach of Men’s Tennis
- Kenneth W. Torrey Head Coach of Men’s Squash endowment
- Patricia and Shepard Alexander Head Coach of Football endowment